Home Made Asian-Style Duck Sauce
Have you ever tried to make your own duck sauce? Tired of those nasty little plastic packets you get at the take-out restaurant? Here’s a quick, easy solution: make your own. It’ll keep a while in the fridge, and I love making my own condiments. They’re so easy, and sooooo much better than the stuff you get at the store.
Try this duck sauce recipe. You’ll never go back…
- 5 cups coarsely chopped mixed fruit (apples, plums, apricots, and pears)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place fruit in a stock pot over medium high heat. Add water, apple juice, soy sauce, apricot preserves, brown sugar, garlic powder, and dry mustard. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat, and continue simmering for 40 minutes, or until fruit is completely soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend sauce in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, adjusting consistency with additional water, if desired. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
Posted on August 9, 2012, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment