Home Made Asian-Style Duck Sauce
Have you ever tried to make your own duck sauce? Tired of those nasty little plastic packets you get at the take-out restaurant? Here’s a quick, easy solution: make your own. It’ll keep a while in the fridge, and I love making my own condiments. They’re so easy, and sooooo much better than the stuff you get at the store.
Try this duck sauce recipe. You’ll never go back…
- 5 cups coarsely chopped mixed fruit (apples, plums, apricots, and pears)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place fruit in a stock pot over medium high heat. Add water, apple juice, soy sauce, apricot preserves, brown sugar, garlic powder, and dry mustard. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat, and continue simmering for 40 minutes, or until fruit is completely soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Blend sauce in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, adjusting consistency with additional water, if desired. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.